Isle of Wight
Spectacular beaches and stunning views, the Isle of Wight has it all
The Isle of Wight is home to a variety of distinctive landscapes, dramatic cliffs, long stunning beaches and great attractions. We visit Godshill a quintessential English Village. With its delightful medieval church, charming thatched roofed cottages and traditional tearooms, Godshill is as picturesque as it is popular. We continue our scenic drive to Alum Bay, known for its multi-coloured sand cliffs and stunning views. There are many exciting attractions here for all the family including a chairlift to the stunning beach. (you can also choose to walk). On the beach we get a close up of "The Needles", one of the most photographed groups of rocks in the world. In Portsmouth we learn about the heritage and naval history of this city (not applicable for passengers departing from Portsmouth). You get a great photo of the Spinnaker Tower and Historic Dockyard as your ferry departs to, and returns from the Isle of Wight.
12 - 48
- Return travel by executive coach
- Return Wightlink ferry Portsmouth to Fishbourne
- More than 6 hours in the Isle of Wight
- Guided coach tour of the Isle of Wight
- Lunch break in Godshill, one of England's oldest and prettiest villages
- More than 2 hours at the Isle of Wight's premier attraction, Alum Bay & the Needles. Enjoy great activities for the kids, the famous chairlift, boat trips to the Needles, and a wonderful beach with multi-coloured sand cliffs and spectacular views
In the morning we stop briefly in Portsmouth where we learn about Britain's great naval history (not applicable for passengers departing from Portsmouth). We continue to the Isle of Wight with a 40 minute cruise departing from Portsmouth at 11.20hrs.
On arrival in the Isle of Wight we enjoy a 20 minute scenic drive to the charming village of Godshill, famous for it's 500 year old thatched cottages, typical tea shops and Model Village. We continue to Alum Bay, famous for it's multi coloured sands and "the Needles". You can choose to take a chairlift ride or walk the steps down to the stunning beach. Our return ferry departs from the Isle of Wight at 18.20hrs, arriving in Portsmouth at 19.00hrs, from where we continue our journey home.