Cambridge and Greenwich
Visit the home of time and a world famous university
A UNESCO world heritage site, Greenwich is the home of time (GMT), and the Prime Meridian of the World (Longitude 0) where eastern and western hemispheres meet. Discover breathtaking views, royal heritage and amazing attractions, all in a beautiful riverside setting. Greenwich is also a hugely popular TV and film location. Netflix filmed scenes from The Crown and Bridgerton here, and the Old Royal Naval College features in the films Les Miserables, Pirates of the Caribbean and Thor, the Dark World. Cambridge is home to the second oldest university in the English speaking world. The world leading research University, consisting of 31 colleges, and with 121 affiliated Nobel laureates, is famous for it's contributions to mathematics and science due largely to the likes of Sir Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking and Sir Francis Bacon. Explore quaint passages set around the historic market place and colleges, and be inspired by the many beautiful museums and art galleries.
12 - 30
- Return travel by executive coach
- Guided walking tour of Greenwich a UNESCO World Heritage Site - Greenwich Park, The Royal Observatory, Queen's House, National Maritime Museum, Old Royal Naval College, and the Cutty Sark
- Stand on the historic Prime Meridian of the World, and visit the home of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Visit Greenwich famous indoor weekend market
- Guided walking tour of Cambridge University - Henry VIII’s Trinity College, King’s College, Senate Hall, Hawking's Gonville & Caius College, The Wren Library, Newton's Apple Tree, and The Corpus Clock
- Free time to enjoy Cambridge's other attractions and weekend market
- Optional Chauffeured Punting on the River Cam
Quaint and village-like Greenwich is a delightful place to spend the morning. From Greenwich park we're offered a stunning panoramic view of London. We discover the history and significance of the Royal Observatory, the Prime Meridian Line and Greenwich Mean Time. We see the Cutty Sark, which built in 1869, was the fastest sailing ship of her day. We have free time to enjoy the indoor market, National Maritime Museum and other great attractions.
We continue our journey to Cambridge, where we enjoy a walking tour of this charming market town, which boasts an extraordinary combination of rural tranquility and architectural splendour. We discover why Cambridge is famed for the excellence of its university. Enjoy great views of the iconic Kings College Chapel from "the backs", see Senate House, Henry VIII's Trinity College, and other great colleges. There will be plenty of free time to enjoy Cambridge's other attractions. Chauffeured Punting on the River Cam is an activity not to be missed !
Chaffeured Punting on the River Cam - $20.00
A chauffeured punt tour is an essential part of the Cambridge experience. Enjoy a 50 minute ride on the River Cam with a local guide, who'll present you with historical facts and stories of the University and student life. The tour offers stunning views of King's College, Trinity College, Wren Library, Bridge of Sighs, Mathematical Bridge and more. (PLEASE CALL 01273 648966 FOR DISCOUNTED RATES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OLD)
Prices are subject to change on certain dates, select a tour date for more information