Isle of Wight and Portsmouth
Spectacular beaches and stunning views, the Isle of Wight has it all
The Isle of Wight is home to a variety of distinctive landscapes, dramatic cliffs, long stunning beaches and great attractions. We visit Godshill a quintessential English Village. With its delightful medieval church, charming thatched roofed cottages and traditional tearooms, Godshill is as picturesque as it is popular. We continue our scenic drive to Alum Bay, known for its multi-coloured sand cliffs and stunning views. There are many exciting attractions here for all the family including a chairlift to the stunning beach. (you can also choose to walk). On the beach we get a close up of "The Needles", one of the most photographed groups of rocks in the world. In Portsmouth we learn about the heritage and naval history of this city. You get a great photo of the Spinnaker Tower and Historic Dockyard as your ferry departs to, and returns from the Isle of Wight.
12 - 30
- Return travel by executive coach
- Return Wightlink ferry Portsmouth to Fishbourne
- Guided coach tour of the Isle of Wight
- Lunch break in Godshill, one of England's oldest and prettiest villages
- More than 2 hours at the Isle of Wight's premier attraction, Alum Bay & the Needles...great activities for the kids, the famous chairlift, and a wonderful beach with spectacular views
- Photostop at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
In the morning we stop in Portsmouth for a photo at the Historic Dockyard where we will learn about Britain's great naval history. We continue to the Isle of Wight with a 40 minute cruise departing Portsmouth @ 11.00hrs, arriving Fishbourne @ 11.40hrs.
On arrival in the Isle of Wight we enjoy a 20 minute scenic drive to the charming village of Godshill, famous for it's 500 year old thatched cottages, typical tea shops and Model Village. We continue to Alum Bay, famous for it's multi coloured sands and "the Needles". You can choose to take a chairlift ride or walk the steps down to the stunning beach. Our 40 minute ferry journey departs from Fishbourne at 18.00hrs for our journey back to the mainland.